Monday, June 26, 2017

Birthday greetings and hazardous working conditions

Hi! I'm so glad you're here!  I took a break from my grown up duties this past weekend to do some card making!  During my unpacking and organizing, I came across Wildflower Fields DSP and remembered how much I liked the colors in this paper pack.  The patterns are great too since there is a nice mix of feminine and masculine prints.  My box of birthday cards was almost empty and I will need to send several very soon so I decided to take a break from working to 'work' on some cards.
Because I don't have everything unpacked yet and lots of stuff on my table, I kept things simple and let the great prints take center stage.

a design for the ladies

and one for the guys

I managed to make six cards from each sheet of pattern paper, with some scraps left over for another project.  Now my stash is a little better and I can get back to work again (yippee...), but before I go I want to share a couple of photos of my new work space.  I thought having my own room with my own table would allow me more freedom to leave projects and supplies out, instead of having to pack everything away when I was using the kitchen table.  What I didn't include in my plan was the perfect placement of my table under a wonderful window that allows a perfect resting spot for our cat...
She is so glad that we remodeled this house for her and especially likes the nice resting table in her studio!  Never a dull moment when she decides to join me...

chasing the cap to my glue bottle...

earning her keep as a paperweight...

As much as she drives me crazy, she really is a sweet kitty and something of a miracle since she was basically dying when my daughter rescued her-not that you could tell now!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope your day is filled with good things and your working conditions are a little less eventful than mine!

Card Recipe: Paper-Wildflower Fields dsp (ret), old olive, calypso coral, blackberry bliss, hello honey, whisper white, Ink-lost lagoon, Stamp Set-wacky wishes


1 comment:

  1. Love the kitty cat helper - and the cards ! So good to see you creating and blogging again :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!